Ipsen is a global specialty-driven pharmaceutical company and also has a significant presence in primary care. Ipsen sells more than 20 drugs in over 115 countries, with a direct commercial presence in 30 countries worldwide. The Group has more than 4,900 employees worldwide.
An international group
Ipsen is a global specialty-driven pharmaceutical company and also has a significant presence in primary care. Our ambition is to become a leader in the treatment of targeted debilitating diseases.
Our areas of expertise include oncology, neurosciences, endocrinology (adult and child) and gastroenterology. Ipsen’s commitment to oncology is demonstrated by its growing portfolio of therapies aimed at improving the lives of patients with neuroendocrine tumors, prostate, bladder and kidney cancer.
Ipsen sells more than 20 drugs in over 115 countries, with a direct commercial presence in 30 countries worldwide. The Group employs more than 4,900 people worldwide and recorded sales in excess of €1.58 billion in 2016.
Ipsen’s strategy is based on a focus on niche therapeutic areas in specialty care and on gastroenterology in primary care.
- Specialty care:
- A focus on three niche therapeutic areas where Ipsen has the potential to become a leader: neuroendocrine tumors, spasticity and aesthetic medicine;
- Ipsen continues to strengthen its presence in its historical therapeutic specialty areas: uro-oncology and endocrinology.
- At the same time, we are pursuing advancements in connected therapeutic areas, specifically gastrointestinal and orphan cancers.
- Primary care:
- Ipsen aims to optimize its gastroenterology portfolio while diversifying into complementary products;
- The Group is expanding its geographical footprint and developing a dual Rx/OTC commercial model to build on its strong brand recognition.
Research and development
Ipsen’s R&D activities are focused on the discovery and development of new molecules and on programs to manage the lifecycle of our existing products.
Focused on peptides and toxins, our R&D teams are constantly deepening and adding to the expertise of these two platforms. Our goal is to improve understanding of both the basic science and clinical aspects of peptides and toxins. Ipsen has entered into agreements with highly specialized companies in these fields and is strengthening its partnership policy through agreements with major research institutes and medical centers of excellence, on a global scale.
Ipsen has three R&D centers located at the heart of three internationally renowned science hubs: Paris-Saclay in France, Oxford in the United Kingdom, and Cambridge in the United States. In close contact with leading academic research centers, cutting-edge medical centers and biotechnological companies, Ipsen has an active partnership policy based on open innovation.
(up 10.4% vs. 2014)
employees around the world
financial outlook to 2020